Advent with the Gettys
The Archbishop of the Anglican Church in North America and Chairman of Gafcon, and singer/songwriters, Keith and Kristyn Getty joined Ernie Didot, the Communications Director for Gafcon, in a discussion about the Advent season.
You have likely sung a song at one point in the life of your church written or collaborated on by Keith and Kristyn Getty. Songs like In Christ Alone have been sung around the globe, and it is estimated by more than 100 million people every year. They tour internationally and have performed at venues from Royal Albert Hall to Carnegie. Last year they launched an annual SING! conference and movement, and this year it went global online due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- How we observe and practice Advent
- Songs that lend well to congregational singing in Advent
- The Gettys' Evensong collection and how Kristyn was drawn to Evensong
- The importance of liturgical services and calendar
- How they have morphed their ministry and vocation with the Sing! conference in this year of Covid-19
- The suffering church
- The interview concludes with a beautiful gift of song from the Gettys as they play and sing Christine Rosetti’s, In the Bleak Midwinter with a new chorus inspired by Simeon’s Song.
Part of Gafcon’s purpose is to help equip the church around the Anglican Communion and the Gettys have graciously helped us to this end by offering nine of their Advent oriented songs and others for FREE here in MP3 downloads. In addition, you can receive this free songsheet download for free below.
We are thankful for their generosity as you look for ways to draw your congregation and family near to Jesus in this season of Advent.
Click here for more resources for Advent and prayer requests for the suffering church.
Used with permission.