This page was last amended on 20th April 2018. We hope to update the page with fresh requests regularly.
'Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.' (Psalm 127:1)
We are accutely conscious of the need to depend upon our Almighty Father in every aspect of the conference. So, our number one prayer request is that those responsible for setting up and running the conference would humbly submit all our endeavours before Him. We particularly ask that we would never think we are too busy to pray. Specific prayer requests currently are:
- For a very useful two week trip to Jerusalem by the Conference Director, Canon Daniel Willis, just after Easter.
- Wonderful support and advice from the rector of Christ Church Jerusalem, Rev David Pileggi
- Encouraging numbers of delegates expected at the conference - there could be as many as 2,000 from 45+ countries
- For those who have contributed to bursary appeals so far enabling those who cannot afford full confernce fees or flights to attend
- The priviledge of those attending to join with so many bible-based Anglicans from all over the world and the joy of hearing His gospel proclaimed
- The Gafcon General Secretary, Dr Peter Jensen, is in overal charge of the conference but his main responsibility is the program of events. An outline program is shortly to be published through Facebook and Twitter; please pray as Dr Jensen makes his finishing touches
- Please pray that the conference theme 'Proclaiming Christ Faithfully to the nations' would be clearly evident from the content of the plenary sessions and the many break-out groups
- Please pray for speakers at the plenary sessions as they prepare what to say to the assembly. That those giving bible readings will be directed by the Holy Spirit to open God's word clearly. That those giving presentations on topical subjects would be both informative and engaging.
- Please pray for the staff at the International Confernce Centre; that our witness to Christ would be exemplary.
- Please pray for local tours that are planned into the walled city and elsewhere.
Registration & Logistics
- It is a mammoth task to get up to 2,000 souls to Jerusalem from the four corners of the world. Most of the key administrative roles are being undertaken by volunteers. Please pray for the men and women in key positions. As well as those mentioned above please pray for those in charge of: Invitations, Bursaries, Visas, Communications, Exhibitors, Conference Production, The Worship Team, The Final Statement Team, Accommodation.
- Please pray for Vered, the travel agent in Israel, who are managing most of the liaison with the Israeli authorities and on-going logistical support.
- Please pray especially for the visa application process which is currently in full swing.
- Please pray for journeying mercies for all those making flights to Israel, especially those with several connections en-route.
- Please pray for transport from and to the airport; as well as the shuttle bus service from some hotels to the conference centre each day.
Bursaries & Finances
- Funding is in place for several hundred delegates to attend who cannot afford to pay full conference fees and flights. (See praise above - please keep giving thanks!)
- There is still around $190K still required to ensure that all those who have been invited and want to come can. Please pray that the outstanding funds would be forthcoming. (If you'd like to contribute after you have prayed please see the note below.)
- Please pray for good health of presenters and delegates
- Please pray for security and safety at all times
- Please pray for those left behind who cannot come for whatever reason, perhaps ill health or other commitements. We hope to live-stream important sessions for them and a wider audience. Please pray that the technology would work well.
Supporting delegates that need bursaries