Fuel for Prayer
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6:18
Updated November 8th
Praise God for
South Sudan E-Appeal
- All those who gave money to enable the South Sudanese bishops to meet together for the first time under the leadership of Justin Badi. They have met to discuss about the issues effecting their war-torn Province.
- Please continue to pray for safety and that their meeting is encouraging and useful.
Chile becomes a Gafcon Province and member of the Anglican Communion
- On November 4th Chile became an official Province of the Anglican Communion and a Gafcon Province.
- At the service Archbishop Tito was supported by Archbishop Foley Beach (Anglican Church in North America), Archbishop Miguel Uchoa (Anglican Church in Brazil) and Archbishop Greg Venables (Anglican Church of South America).
- Please pray for Archbishop Tito as he leads the Province forward.
Archbishop Foley Beach in the UK
- Archbishop Foley Beach's (Gafcon Chairman elect) recent visit to the UK speaking at various events in England, Scotland and Wales to encourage faithful Anglicans to stand firm.
- Praise God for safe travels and all the people who came to the events.
The Nine Networks
- There has been good progress since their launch at Jerusalem this year, read the full update here.
South Sudan after the death of Archbishop Peter Munde Yacob
- Last week Archbishop Peter Munde Yacob died in hospital after falling ill over the summer. Archbishop Peter led the internal province of Western Equatoria and was the acting Primate of the ECSS following the retirement of Archbishop Daniel Deng Bul until the installation earlier this year of the new Primate, Archbishop Justin Badi Arama.
- As tragedy strikes the country again, please pray for Archbishop Yacob’s family as they mourn their loss, and also for Archbishop Justin Badi and his bishops.
Courage for the churches in New Zealand who have voted to leave the Anglican Church
- The ongoing negotiations with the aim to create peaceful separation from the Anglican Church of Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia.
- Courage amongst the leaders and church families.
- Continued unity amongst the churches that have decided to leave.
Westhill Community Church
- Please pray for strength and courage as they leave the Scottish Episcopal Church.
- Faithfulness to the Gospel and wisdom.
- Gafcon is organsing an additional conference for all those who weren't able to come to Jerusalem this year. The dates are 25th February to 1st March and the delegates will be from Sudan, South Sudan, Pakistan, Turkey, Iran, Egypt, Northern Nigeria and the Gulf States.
- Please pray for Bishop Nazir-Ali who is organising the conference and Azad Marshall who is the convener and joint host.
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonions 5:16-18